Recon teams a high-performance, fast action feel with light swing weight. With close-in loading prowess and the power for longer reach, Recon rods boast a completely new ferrule design, a modern shadow green blank, and covert black nickel hardware and reel seats.
Recon rods use an improved ferrule design, which provides better ferrule engagement and fewer issues with the occasional twisting or disengagement of ferrules during fishing. The plastic reel seat filler and shiny gold anodized reel seats of the Access rods have been replaced with a more subtle black nickel anodized aluminum reel seat with a dark burl wood spacer (in the freshwater models) and a plain aluminum spacer in the saltwater model.
Recon rods use a blend of intermediate and high-modulus graphite raw material with standard resins.
- New 10' 3 weight tight line nymph rod with down locking reel seat and fighting butt
- Helios 2 inspired performance tapers
- Improved unsanded ferrule design
- Lightest-weight rod in its class
- Shadow green blank
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Black nickel reel seat and dark burl wood insert
- Heavy-duty black nickel hardware
- EVA foam and cork fighting butt (saltwater models)
- Rod tube and cloth sack included
- 25 year guarantee
- Made in Manchester, Vermont