St. Croix Legend Elite Fly Rods- represent two new series of fast-action rods specifically designed to handle the most technical situations encountered in both fresh- and saltwater. These fast action fly rods cast well at short distances when accuracy is key, and cast well when distance is key. Lighter, slim-profile ferrules and stunning new cosmetics mesh with premium, high-modulus, high-strain SCV graphite blanks loaded with performance-enhancing ART™ and IPC® technology. Legend Elites also feature SCVI graphite in the lower portion of the rod for added power and reduced weight. Nano Silica (NSi) resin developed by 3M results in a blank that is 30% stronger than previous models without any change in the weight, action or power of the rod. Flora-grade cork handles are comfortable and durable. Freshwater models feature Fuji® Alconite stripper guides with chrome frames. 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-wt. models have hard chrome, single foot fly guides and REC® hard anodized reel seats with stabilized tiger fiddleback maple inserts. 7-, 8-, 9- and 10-wt. models have hard chrome snake guides and REC hard-anodized aluminum reel seats. . Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, USA.
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) tooling technology.
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™).
- Super high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight.
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity.
- Slim-profile ferrules with alignment dots
- Flora-grade cork handle
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- Rugged rod case with handle and divided polypropylene liner.
- One-piece performance in four-piece designs.
- 15- year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- FRESHWATER RODS:
- Fuji® Alconite stripper guides with chrome frames.
- Hard chrome, single-foot fly guides on 3, 4, 5, 6 wt. models.
- Hard chrome snake guides on 7, 8, 9, 10 wt. models.
- REC® hard-anodized aluminum reel seat with a stabilized tiger (fiddleback) maple insert on 3, 4, 5, 6 wt. models.
- REC® hard-anodized aluminum reel seat on 7, 8, 9, 10 wt. models.
- Gallatin Green color
- SALTWATER RODS:
- Max-power butt sections for handling powerful fish and stiff winds.
- Fuji® MN Saltwater Alconite stripper guides with chrome frames.
- Hard chrome snake guides.
- REC® hard-anodized aluminum reel seat.
- Belize Blue
ALL LEGEND ELITE RODS COME WITH A 1000 DENIER NYLON-COVERED ROD CASE WITH A DIVIDED POLYPROPYLENE LINER.