This completely updated third edition of covers Southeastern hatches in Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
When Trout Unlimited rated the 100 best trout streams in the United States, nine of its choices were in the southern Appalachians. In Trout Streams of Southern Appalachia, veteran angler and writer Jimmy Jacobs takes readers to all these famous rivers as well as to many lesser-known waters in this five -state region, an area that boasts some of the finest fly-fishing anywhere in North America.
- 40 chapters on the regions' major river systems
- A clear map and detailed access information for each river and its productive tributaries
- Information on hatches, other trout foods, and the most effective patterns for individual streams
- Access points for lightly fished streams and tips for avoiding the crowds on the more famous rivers
- Discussions of casting and wading conditions
-Coverage of adjacent regions: the Carolina foothills and the Cumberland Plateau of Kentucky and Tennessee
By: Jimmy Jacobs
Paperback, 384 pages